United Utilities appointed C2V+, a CH2M and VolkerStevin joint venture, as one of four Construction Delivery Partners (CDP) for AMP6. The AMP6 contract is a design and construct framework for the next capital investment period, from 2015 to 2020 and covers the full spectrum of works for both water and wastewater across the North West England geographic area for which United Utilities is responsible.
Although this was a small project, it was one of the first ever completed by VolkerStevin’s joint venture, C2V+. The scope of works was awarded for a revetment to the Preston Terminal Pumping Station Outfall. This project also included piling works from VolkerGround Engineering.
The technical stuff:
• Two weeks saved through value engineering
• 10,962 man hours worked accident and RIDDOR free
• Good integration with local authorities and customers
• Tidal working carried out by the site team
• 3,000 tons materials recycled to local businesses
• 3,000 tons of rock placed in the anti-scour protection